Fluid for Armstrong Lever-arm shocks

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Fluid for Armstrong Lever-arm shocks
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 16:35:57 -0800 (PST) (Fri, 6 Mar 1998 00:35 UT)
Thanks to whomever suggested using motorcycle shock oil for our
lever-arm shocks.  Tintin suddenly began to leak prodigious amounts
of the hydraulic jack oil I had been using.  I had to refill the
left front shock about every three days.  The bouncing was something
awful.  When I ran out of that stuff, I stopped by the local
orthopedist client supply store (motorcycle shop) and picked up a one-quart
bottle of 15-weight motorcycle fork oil.  It leaked out after a week.
The next time I filled it, it leaked out after ten days.  This time,
it took three weeks.
It appears that the 'seal swellers' in the fork oil are working.
Perhaps I can hold off on buying new shocks a little longer!

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*