Re: electronic ignition

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:54:57 -0800 (PST)
Jeff,

I have a Crane unit.  Mounted the box on the inside of the car, behind the
dash on the passenger side with thick foam double sided tape (shock
absorbtion).  Looked like a great design to me.  The box died anyway and
I had no way to get the car home since to install it, I had to remove the
pin that normally holds the points.  (I am thinking of carrying a spare
plate with points on them now),  I had bought my Crane from VB, so I have
lifetime warranty, Crane only gives one year.
Also, the bracket that holds the opto pickup is a flimsy joke.
Add the fact that an Ignitor would look more original, I would try one of
those next time.

                                                           '67 Sprite