Re: MGB rear wheel flares

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB rear wheel flares
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:45:55 -0800
Andy Ramm wrote:

> Does anyone know of a source for subtle (very subtle) rear
> wheel arch flares for the MGB?  Please let me know, thanks.

Andy:
        The only flares I have seen made for the B are pretty radical
SCCA design.  You can flare the steel fenders by careful use of a bottle
jack or porta-power between the inner fender and inner wheel well.  We
managed to get an extra 3 inches out of a Spridget and I flared my B by
2 inches.  Trim the inner fender lip carefully, leaving at least 1/4
inch.  Use oak boards to spread the load, have an assistant slowly
operate the jack.  Watch out for deformation of the outside skin.  You
can move the metal a surprising amount without damage to paint if you
are really (underline) careful.

Kelvin.