Re: lowering rb to cb ride hieght

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: lowering rb to cb ride hieght
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:46:12 -0800
Ray e. Huff wrote:

> what is involed with lowering my 76 to 74& back ride hieght & what other
> improvements off a earlier cars should i do note it now has a weber & a
> header "monza"  & wire wheels

WARNING MG HERESY.

Ray:  After owning and driving chrome bumper MGBs for many years, I am
suggesting that you may not want to lower the car all the way to chrome
spec.  The rubber bumper car has a 3/4 lift built into the front x
member and rear spring mounts.  My suggestion for a daily driven B is to
leave that lift alone.  The car can use the extra 3/4 inch ground
clearance.  Lowering the car to that point can be achieved cheaply by
using early B springs.

        My two bits, from losing exhaust systems over the years.

Kelvin.