Re: Kicking around an idea

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Kicking around an idea
From: Philip Morgan <padre@billman.kuntrynet.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 13:57:45 -0800
Larry Macy wrote:

> >I've been thinking of something off an on.
> >
> >I don't know if any east coasters would be interested in an MG meet
> >sometime this summer. There's a ton of really nice places in coastal NJ
> >that we could arrange for a drive, or have an impromptu show. Maybe a big
> >BBQ - a real party.
> >
> >Anyone interested?
> >

> >BEN RUSET - bruset@home.com (note the new address)
> >Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
> >

> Depends on the time and place But I'd be willing to give it a shot.
>
> Larry Macy
> 78 Midget
>
> (As long it doesn't turn into a work day for that axle swap you were
> asking about)

Larry,

I would go for it! Some years ago I was frustrated with the number of
weekend events - because I work on Sunday mornings I was never able to be
there for the whole show. I decided that if I couldn't be at a Sunday
event then I would hold my own! Howe Military School Campus - where I
work- is the ideal site and so I did what I could to publish the Sunday
afternoon gathering in true British tradition and invited other MG owners
to come to "Tea at the Vicarage" Cars required!. That 1st year 7 MG's
turned up and we had a lot of fun. Since then the 2nd year - 49 cars, 3rd
year 51 cars, 4th year 63 cars and last year 75 cars! The event is open
now to any and all British cars.  This years 6th Annual "Tea at the
Vicarage" has been piggybacked with another event on the Saturday which
will end up at Howe Military School, The "London to Brighton Run" here in
Indiana. I expect that we may well have more than 100 cars gathering
together in northeast rural Indiana.
Pick a good location, one that will support growth in the years ahead,
announce the date and stick to it! Don't expect a great response - but be
enthused by it if it happens to garner large numbers.
In short - If you host it they will come! Have fun and get someone to
help you with the organising of the day.

Regards Padre