Re: TO THE AUSTRALIAN MG FRATERNITY

To: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Subject: Re: TO THE AUSTRALIAN MG FRATERNITY
From: Philip Morgan <padre@billman.kuntrynet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:01:39 -0800
Graham McCann wrote:

> Fellow MG enthusiasts in Australia,
>
> Most of you will have seen a copy of the excellent new bimonthly MG
> magazine, MG World, which is produced in the UK for international
> distribution.  The Editor, Philip Raby, is a regular contributor to this list.
>
> I have undertaken to provide material for a full page of each issue of MG
> World on MGs in Australia.  This is such a big country it is not going to
> be easy to collect the information needed.  Naturally I will go to each of
> the MG Clubs requesting material and will comb through their monthly
> magazines, but if any list members have any information on unusual or
> interesting MGs, significant MG events or interesting MG personalities I
> would very much appreciate it being forwarded to me.  I will automatically
> accept that this information has been cleared by any person or persons
> involved for inclusion in the Australian page, so please do not leave me in
> an embarrassing position.
>
> This is a great chance both to inform fellow Australian MG enthusiasts
> about MG matters in this country as well as to let the rest of the world
> know what an treasure trove of MGs of all ages we have here.
>
> Submission by Email is fine or I can provide a snail mail address if
> necessary.  I do not need photos for the Australian page but if I turn up a
> really interesting item then it could be submitted as a stand alone
> article, in which photos could be important.
>
> The first Australian page will appear in the June/July edition of MG World
> (if Philip accepts my scribblings!).
>
> Hope to hear from you.
>
> regards,
>
> Graham
>
> Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
> gmccann@pcug.org.au
> Phone/Fax: +61 2 62889055

Graham, I'll be glad to hear of what's going on in Australia - even
though it does seem so far away! There's some comfort though in the
knowledge that "when I lay me down to sleep" someone, somewhere is out
driving their MG!

Philip Raby needs to be thanked for doing his part in keeping the rest of
us up to date with what is happening in the UK. When you can't drive the
MG, writing about the marque is almost as much fun. Don't know whether
you get the magazine BRITISH HERITAGE in Australia but the February issue
had an article about Cecil Kimber and the MG Car Company that I had a lot
of fun putting together.

Keep up the good work all of you!
Regards Padre