Re: Radio Aerial

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Radio Aerial
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 15:03:29 -0800 (PST) (23:03 UT)
>My MG B GT has no aerial installed for the radio..
>I've looked to mount one on the front passengers side wing
>- but there is no access to the outer wing! ie I could
>drill a hole through but not get access to it to get the
>aerial in place!

 I had the same problem with Tintin.  Since I didn't know how to get
access into the fender (I hadn't done much with the car up to that point)
I decided that I liked the placement of the radio antenna on Jaguar XJ6's.
Also, since I was putting in an automatic antenna, I wanted easy access
in case it needed attention.  So Tintin's antenna is mounted in the rear
fender behind the wheel-well, on the driver's side.  It's easy to run
the wires under the carpet of the transmission tunnel to the panel under
the rear window, and then feed over the wheel well to the antenna.  I had
to remove some foam packing from the space over the wheel well...

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*