RE: This has GOT to be an April Fools joke!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: This has GOT to be an April Fools joke!
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 06:57:08 -0800
All right, Phil Raby, you got me!  I read with increasing agitation your
blurb on the MG-Williams F1 collaboration - I got about 3/4 through it
before the reality of the situation hit.  Good April Fool's joke!

The best April Fool's prank I ever played was on one of my roommates
right after college.  We were both LBC nuts, and he was in the middle of
rebuilding his Mini Cooper engine.  On the Mini, there is a small O-ring
between the transmission casing and the engine block, to seal the oil
pickup line.  This O-ring needs to be installed at the time the tranny
and engine are mated, and BEFORE all the transfer gears and engine side
cover is installed (a very tedious process to do right, as every Mini
enthusiast knows).

I waited until he had reassembled the entire power unit, snuck a similar
O-ring onto the bench, then informed him that he had forgotten to put it
in.  The look on his face was priceless!  I let him go until he was
about ready to start taking the bloody thing apart - then I let him in
on the joke.  I had to duck a hail of wrenches and other implements of
destruction as I exited the garage posthaste....

Anyway, thanks for a good one, Phil.  Your magazine is not half bad
either (I finally subscribed to it since Sacramento CA vendors have not
seen fit to offer it yet).

Cheers,
Paul Kile