RE: MGF - is it a real MG?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: MGF - is it a real MG?
From: Murray Arundell <marundel@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:39:23 +1000 (EST)
What is it with you guys. Are you crabby because Rover doesn't send you any
MG-Fs.  I'm sorry to "flame" you Jack, but how many MGBs do you think MG
would have sold in the States if they had the same equipment level as say a
P-Type or a T-Type?

Remember MG Cars Company (Rover / BMW) is not in the business of making
cars.  They are in the business of making money.  They do this by making
cars that people WANT to buy.  Sad as it may seem us "enthusiast" are now,
as we probably have always been a very small part of the target market for
this type of car.

A sports car is many things to many people.  My TC is (to my mind) a sports car.
I also regard my MGB GT-V8 as a sports car.  Yet a quick look at the two
vehicles will tell you that one is far, far more refined than the other.  So
is someone out there game to tell me that factory BGT-V8 is not a sports
car?  I would think not.  It is however a developement of a theme.

I was because BMC/BL failed to continue developing that them that led to
their demise and with it the magic names of MG, Healey, Triumph etc.

Would someone please tell me just what is wrong with a two seater drop top
that goes, handles, sounds and feels good having air-con and not leaking.

My 2c worth again......

Murray Arundell