Re: How do you change the horn switch brush?

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: How do you change the horn switch brush?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 01:34:56 +0000
> The DPO of my 71 B jumpered around the bottom fuse. Of course the reason the
> fuse was blowing was a shorted horn. With no fuse the little horn brush
> assembly burnt up. I ordered a new one (and new horn). Has anyone tackled the
> repacement of the brush before? How much of the steering wheel has to be
> disassembled to replace this?
>
> Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
> EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
> 52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
> 71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336

Bob,
        I don't know if we're thinking about the same part, but when I
replaced the horn brush on my '72, it was just a matter of pulling
the steering wheel center cap off, pulling out the old brush, sliding
the new one in, and replacing the center cap.  The "brush" I'm
thinking of is a pencil-diameter piece of clear plastic with copper
slugs at both ends, and a spring in the body.
Scott