Re: Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!

To: Brian Furgalus <lennon80@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 23:17:38 -0400
>I'm a 15 (soon to be 16) year old in Cleveland Ohio that is about to buy
>a B.  I've done my research, but would really appreciate any advice.  I
>bought Lindsay Porter's book yesterday.  Excellent buyers guide.
>Anything else I should look out for?  I'm also having problems deciding
>between the later rubber-bumper models (1977-1980) and the mid-aged
>(1972-1974.5 chrome).  I know the chrome looks nicer, but which is more
>appropriate for everyday use?  The thing attracting me to the later ones
>is mainly the cost.  I have about $3500 set aside for the car, and more
>for initial repairs.  Is that reasonable for a chrome in my area?

I would get a RBB as a first car - $3500 will get you a better RB car than a
chrome one. Chrome looks nice on show cars, but IMHO, I think RB is much
better
for daily driving - expecially if you're prone to parallel parking, where
people can randomly back into your car - chrome doesn't survive that well.

YMMV,

BEN RUSET - bruset@home.com
ICQ - 10364973
Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis