RE: shifter noise

To: Dave Hudson <daveh@proaxis.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: shifter noise
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 11:51:07 -0600
You bet.  At the rear of the transmission remote there is a pin and spring
that is bolted into place, this keeps a constant tension on the shifter, it
is intended to reduce vibration.  Additionally there should be a nylon
bushing that fits to the end of your shifter.  Many cars are missing one or
both of these items.

If you remove your shifter to check if these items are there, be careful.
The reason so many cars are missing them is because owners remove the
shifter not knowing these items are there and the pieces end up on the
ground below the car.  Then the shifter is reinstalled without them.  How do
you suppose I know this?

Larry Hoy