Re: An MGA timing question

To: "Eric R. Stephen" <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: An MGA timing question
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:14:26 -0400 (EDT)
        You might want to start all over again and set your timing with
the static method. Then adjust your carbs, make sure the linkage is not
binding or that the choke isn't on. If your car is still positive ground
be sure that the digital meter will work if you have to reverse the leads.
A good place to get power for the meter is off the starter solinoid, the
battery is pretty far away. The problem with trying to time the car at a
high rpm is that the centrifical advance is engaged. 600 rpm is not a
magical number you might be able to do it at a higher rate.
...Art