Re: Vehicle Number

To: spawn@net-link.net
Subject: Re: Vehicle Number
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 17:04:23 EDT
Chris
 Honest, you have a roadster.
 The clue is the 3rd character of the VIN - "N"
 This was the code for Roadsters (Tourers according to the factory)
  GT's on the other hand had the third character as a "D"
 The last six digets are the actuall serial number of the car, and really
haven't any connection to body type. I've heard roumors that the numbers
weren't neccessarily consecutive on two concurrent cars coming down the
line!
 What the Moss charts give is the START  serial number of the GT and
START number of the Roadster.
  After that, all bets are off.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT