Re: Fuel delivery problem-'79 roadster

To: "James McPhee" <jmcphee@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Fuel delivery problem-'79 roadster
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 22:13:12 +0000
On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 22:02:04 -0600, James McPhee wrote:

>Wrap-up:
>I replaced the fuel filter and air filter right after I bought the car,
>and I have set valves, plugs, and timing, all at least 1k miles ago.
>Stromberg has been untouched since I have owned the car. I have no idea
>when it was last rebuilt.  There is a pressure regulator between the
>filter and carb, set at 2.5.  I have not changed it since I got the
>car.  Not sure which end to start with, carb, fuel pump, or even the
>middle, the pressure regulator.  Sure appreciate any and all
>thoughts/suggestions.

Does it only happen when it is hot?  It almost sound like vapor-lock.  (Don't
know if that is possible with
your carb or not.)  When you pulled over it might have had time to cool enough
to get the fuel flowing
again, but then upon heating up it would go to vapor again...

Just an idea!

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.maindrag.com/~lundgren