RE: Uneven front brake pad wear

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Uneven front brake pad wear
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 20:59:00 -0700 (PDT)
Sounds like a worn piston in your caliper causing uneven presure to be
applied. I would change out the pistons for new and apply the rebuild kit.

Chris Reichle
creichle@nsc.msmail.miami.edu
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Cc: mga
Subject: Uneven front brake pad wear
Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 9:27PM

Just changed the front disk brake pads (lockheed) on my MGA 1600.  Left
front had really uneven wear (1/16" outer; 3/16" inner)  as compared to
the right side (3/16" in/outer). Does this mean anything assuming all were
changed at one time together?

 --
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;