Thermostat plug

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thermostat plug
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 21:55:39 -0400
Hi Folks,
                 Today it was noticed that my MG had decided to leave mor=
than it's usual amount of bodily fluids in the parking lot.  Further
inspection revealed that the plastic plug on the thermostat housing had
undergone binary fission,  ie the top part was just sitting there with no=

visible means of support and the threaded portion was still threaded into=

the housing but, unfortunately, not preventing the loss of nice green
coolant outside the barber's shop.  This is off my 1500 Midget but it is
the same plug that is on 77-80 MGBs.
                Is it worth a visit to Lowes to see if they have anything=

to fit. I assume I would look in the plumbing department - it takes a
13/16" wrench but the thread size is unknown.  Or should I just cough up
the 10 groats Moss Motors wants and wait for a replacement. =

            =

Regards,   Adrian