Re: Hydraulic slave cylinder

To: jkoster@ncpi.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hydraulic slave cylinder
From: Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:53:14 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-30 09:59:06 EDT, jkoster@ncpi.com writes:

<< Hello Everyone!
 I am sorry if this question has already been asked but I don't understand
 hydraulics systems. My slave cylinder does not return all the way back.
 Is this ok? I haven't got to try out the clutch yet.  After I replaced the
 slave cylinder Pressure hose, I found that my linkage to the accelerator
 came loose, now  I am getting parts together to fix that, So while I was
 waiting for that I was wondering
 if My slave cylinder was functioning right. Thanks for the help in advance!

 Joe Koster
 71 MG Midget
 jkoster@ncpi.com

Joe,

     The slave cylinder should return under the pressure of the pressure-plate
springs.  The clevis pin should not be under any tension when the pedal is
released.  At least this is how it works on my B and I assume it's the same
for you.

Tom