Color Sanding

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Color Sanding
From: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 20:53:30 -0700
I recently had a little altercation that resulted in some minor paint damage
on my B.  The car was painted a little more than a year ago with Dupont
Centari acrylic enamel.

I went to the local Dupont distributor, and he mixed some paint and loaded
it into a couple of aerosol spray cans, as I am not blessed with a
compressor or spray equipment.  Since the paint has a short pot life when a
hardener is added, the paint guy said not to add it, and as the area is not
one prone to a lot of wear and tear, I agreed.

I prepped, primed, and painted the area in question.  Seems like I erred in
that I masked off an area not much larger than the repair, and the result is
a defined ridge where the area was masked.

Since this paint has no hardener, it won't take a lot of abuse from sanding
and polishing.  Would like to have suggestions from those knowledgeable
about paint on how to attack this problem.  The color match is perfect, but
the entire area needs to be polished to match the surrounding area, and
there's that ridge to get rid of too!.

Regards,

Chris Delling