Re: Faded vinyl fixes

To: <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Faded vinyl fixes
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:59:13 -0700
Mike's point is an excellent one.  The vinyl spray paint he refers to is
actually called vinyl spray color.  It does not act like a paint, but some
sort of dye that bonds to the vinyl much more closely than paint.  I used
in on faded interior door panels on my B.  Made them look new and I could
not scratch the surface (obviously, I didn't try so hard as to scratch the
actual vinyl).

The only tough part with my interior is matching the original
beige--shouldn't be much of a problem with black.

One note:  use this stuff outdoors.  I used it in the garage with the doors
open and darn near collapsed!  It is potent.

Scott McKorkle
Issaquah, WA
1978 MGB