MGA master cylinder

To: "'MG submission'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGA master cylinder
From: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:21:53 -0400
The bench bleeding has been described but I would caution to make
sure your brakes are adjusted. If not you will be pulling your hair out
for days trying to get them to work all along thinking that the MC can't
be blead.
...Art

- I can give that a big second, an Amen, a "yeah baby", "right-on" or
what have you to Arts suggestion.  This is exactly what happened to me.
I spent at least two days - replacing all shoes and wheel cylinders -
literally bathing in brake fluid - probably the must frustrating and
just miserable lousy p**s-off aggrevating part of my whole rebuild, only
to find that I probably just needed to give each adjustment screw a bit
of a twist.  It went from double-pump & pray braking to a decent grab &
stop.  The shop manual gives instructions.  Ignoring them was one of the
dumber of many truly dumb things I've done.

-ralph cordell
'59 MGA
'84 Turbo Regal
'87 Grand National