RE: Wire Wheel Tape

To: miker15@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Wire Wheel Tape
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:40:41 -0500
Mike,

I used the rubber bands from Moss. Others have used plastic tape or duct
tape. I would not use duct tape. My direct experience is that it encourages
rust.

Another option is liberal application of silicone goo over the spoke ends.
Many people do this on modern wires.

Good luck,

Jeff

I have to get tyres mounted and balanced tomorrow but im not sure what
type of tape one needs to line the inside of the rim - and prevent the
spoke ends from rubbing the inner tubes - anyone know what this is called
or if it is readily available?

mike robson

Jeff Boatright  '65 Sprite MkIII   __o_\__
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/