Re: MGCC International (Silverstone) 1998

To: "Nevard, Chris" <Chris.Nevard@BSKYB.COM>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGCC International (Silverstone) 1998
From: "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <G.Burgessparker@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:19:50 +0100

|Gordon
|
|I agree with you that MGCC International -  Silverstone is one for the
|diary. This year was our first visit as well and we were so lucky with
|the weather. The thing I did find odd was just how quickly it all would
|up on Sunday afternoon.

We had to drive 10 miles on Saturday night for a take-away as we were too
late for tickets for the dinner and all the outlets had shut at 6 pm!!

| Some goods friends of ours did not have an MG on this day and were
|forced to park way over the other site of the venue ( a good 15 minute
|walk with picnic bits) they were not too impressed, this frustration was
|increased by the fact that several NON MG cars (Eurobox) were being
|allowed onto the nearby (almost empty) camp site.  - Just ignore the
|marshals in future if sans MG I suppose and head there?

Good idea I think!

|The cars on the official stand were quite stunning and so many
|interesting and unusual MGs generally  - yes I soon ran out of film.
|There were many SE Centre faces as well which made is a very friendly
|event.........I don't understand why the MGOC's event at Duxford is so
|popular - no comparision really - old Roche is a clever business man I
|suppose.
|
|I think next year we definatety need to make a weekend of it and make
|sure that we book up a B&B about six months ahead.

Camping is the thing - gets you into the atmosphere very quickly on the
Friday night.

|Roll on the SE Centre's 'Tour of the South East' in a months time.
|
|Chris Nevard
|spridget@mgcars.org.uk
|http://www.geocities.com/~spridgeteer

I'm actually in the SE Centre at the moment, and I hope I'll meet you at
some event. However I'm moving into the Anglia Centre in about three weeks,
so thats the natter I originally joined!

Gordon