Speakers again

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Speakers again
From: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:57:05 -0700
Hey all-

A few weeks back a thread was running on speaker placement in a B roadster.
Here we go again.

Someone suggested mounting in the kick panels.  I assumed that they were
talking about the panels on the outer walls of the footwells, forward of the
door aperature.  I guess I thought there were cutouts in the sheetmetal to
accomodate the speakers, but there's not, and I have no interest in cutting
sheetmetal.

So what other options are there?  The doors (where my current speakers
are)basically suck as a mounting location.  The low placement on the door
means that my thigh blocks most of the sound.

When I bought the car, the DPO had 6 x 9's in the rear panel.  This is
worthless with the top down, as the top covers the speakers.  It seems that
a surface mount speaker on the rear shelf would be limited again by the seat
backs.

So, once again, what are the lists opinions on this?

Regards,

Chris Delling