Re: OilPressureProb: NLBC

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>,
Subject: Re: OilPressureProb: NLBC
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:59:42 -0700 (PDT) (22:59 UT)
>My '87 300zx has developed an interesting problem.  WHen driving on the
 highway, and using only enough gas to maintain speed,  my oil pressure
 drops almost to zero.  If I "goose" it and accelerate quite hard,  the
 pressure goes up and stays there for a while, but eventually settles back
 to zero once I ease up on the gas.  Pressure is good at idle and there is
< plenty of oil on the stick.

 This sounds exactly like the symptoms I had on my old Toyota.  Replace
the oil pressure sensor: the diaphragm has a leak in it.  If it should
not be the problem (highly doubtful that it's anything else!) this is
the cheapest avenue to pursue.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*