Re: children in "B"'s

To: "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: children in "B"'s
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 23:05:21 -0500
Hello:

It is very easy to install seatbelts in the rear seat of a BGT. We had a
Gerry car seat for the little feller and it made a snug fit. He and one of
his little friends were able to ride back there until about age five; the
trick is to slide the front seats forward so they will have room for their
dear little feet.

Which brings up a point. It seems that our LBCs have shrunk over the years.
For instance, when I was in high school and college (ca. 1964), I good
easily get four (myself included) in the MGA, especially if a couple of
them were young ladies. I recall four or five of us going somewhere in an
'67 MGB-GT, but I know now, in retrospect, that is, of course, quite
impossible, as only a very accomplished ax-murderer could coax a human
torso into the back seat of one of those things.

Last year, while running the Mille Miglio Missouri, we rescued a fallen
comrade and had three in the MGA. Changing gears became a group effort with
good verbal communication skills (if not a nodding intimate acquaintance
with the middle passenger) of utmost importance.

Regards,

David F. Darby
MkII MGA, 1967 MGB-GT
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4598