Tires

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tires
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 11:32:44 -0500
        I usually just lurk here and glean from others, but this must be
my day for questions.

        Just got off the phone with my son, who had a flat tire on the
left front Saturday. Took it to the local tire store to be fixed and put
on the spare. Sunday, the right rear was also flat. He took it off this
morning and took it with him when he went to pick up the tire from
Saturday.
        Alas, both tires were deemed unrepairable - now I'm in the
market for new tires. The car ('74 CBB with Rostyles) has 165R-14 all
the way around presently. What are some of you running for tires these
days? The car is strictly a daily around town driver - no autocrossing
or the like. Since my son is a novice driver, I'd like to pick up
something that will stabilize the steering a bit and handle better in
water (that is, if it ever rains here in Texas again). I was looking at
some 185/70-14 Pirellis the other day - would this be a good choice?

Dan Pockrus
Systems Integration Engineer
Efficient Networks, Inc.
dpockrus@efficient.com