Powdercoat for Rostyle rims

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Powdercoat for Rostyle rims
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:29:21 -0700
I had my Rostyle wheels on my '73 B powder coated.  The silver color was way
off from the original; the matte black was a good match.  I went to an
automotive paint store and had them make up the silver spray paint in two
cans based on the color of my spare wheel which had never seen road or sun-
the silver of the original wheel color has a copper-gold tint to it.  I then
masked the black and sprayed the silver part of the wheels.  The wheels look
like they came from the factory!

Don Scott

At 05:18 AM 8/5/98 GMT, you wrote:
>On Wed, 05 Aug 1998 00:39:07 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>I spoke with a local shop today and enquired about powdercoating the
>>rims on my '60 MGA 1600.  I have two options (1) get the proper
>>powdercoat code or (2) get ahold of a spray bomb from Moss and bring in
>>a sample.  Since Moss will not ship spray bombs to Canada, it looks as
>>if option #1 is the one I'll have to go with (unless someone on the list
>>has a little left over from their rim repaint and can send me a small
>>sample by snail mail.  Does anyone have a Powdercoat code for something
>>that closely appproximates "Hammered Silver"?
>>
>>Eric
>>1960 MGA 1600
>>Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189
>>Ottawa MG Club: http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189/omgc.ht
>
>       Well I don't know the paint code but I picked up a couple of
>the Moss spray bombs at Octagon Motors in Vancouver.
>

>Ken Roach
>'74 B

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
     Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF Replica
Check it out:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/