Re: 980 Miles in a MGB - A bit long

To: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Subject: Re: 980 Miles in a MGB - A bit long
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 20:38:37 +0000
Chris Delling wrote:

> All said though, it was a great time.  Total miles traveled were 978, about
> 880 miles getting there and back.  The car ran flawlessly.  Fuel economy
> average was a whisker less than 31 MPG.  1/2 quart of oil.  And top down for
> the entire time!

Lucky you!  Just got back from an 800 miler to Northumbria and back.  Rained
every
day - Thursday all day, but that was the only day we didn't get the hood down
at
all.  We had a bit of sun Wednesday afternoon in two bits.  In between there
was an
ominous dark cloud and as soon as it started to spit I felt discretion was the
better part of valour and stopped to put up the hood.  Barely got half the
press
studs on when the heavens opened.  Half an hour later the sun was out again
(more
white spots on the bonnet) so down came the hood, still dripping.  Even though
the
car was filthy by this time we still got a "Nice car!" when driving back to our
hotel.  Mind you, we got a lot more more funny looks when driving along, hood
down,
in drizzle and heavy cloud the rest of the week.  No problems, no oil, and
33mpg.

PaulH.