75 Midget Distributor Missing Vac Advance?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 75 Midget Distributor Missing Vac Advance?
From: jvr@pclink.com
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:44:01 +0000
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this one!

I just purchased a 75 Midget (no rust) and as part of fixing the
mechanicals I noticed it has no vacuum advance on the distributor.
There is a threaded stud of about 2 cm diameter sticking out of the
base and  side of the distributor.  I would think this is where the
vac advance should go, except the pictures in the manuals show a slot
in the distributor for a linkage to connect from the vac advance to
the distributor.  This one has no such slot.

Any ideas or pictures of what this should look like???

Thanks in advance,

Dick