Tonneau Cover tabs

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tonneau Cover tabs
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:18:04 -0500

        Now that my MGB Convertible top questions are out of the way
(BTW, all the estimates to have the top installed came out the same -
$125.00. Still haven't decided if I want to try it myself or not), I
have another one about tonneau covers.
        Loyal Son and I decided to pull out the tonneau cover that came
with the car from the DPO the other day. He has decided that it will be
easier to put the tonneau on than put the top up while he's in school
during the day. First thing we discovered was that the two zippers
behind the headrests need to be replaced. The second thing is that there
are two Lift-the-dot fasteners (mounted on 3" fabric tabs sewn on the
outside of the tonneau) just to the front of, and to the outside of, the
headrests. Any ideas on what these tabs are for? My guess is that
there's some sort of folding order where the tabs would secure the
tonneau in its folded position. Anyone else have a tonneau like this
one?

Dan Pockrus
Systems Integration Engineer
Efficient Networks, Inc.