Re: Compression Check on B

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Compression Check on B
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:13:24 -0500
Bud,
   Screw the compression testor into the plug hole to be tested. (It's a
good
idea to remove all the plugs while testing to get the RPM up when turning
over with the starter.)  You'll notice that there is one wire on a spade lug
on the coil going to the distributor, and on the other terminal there will
either
be one or two wire, also on spade lugs.  Pull the wires on the side of the
coil not going to the distributor to disable the spark.  Check the
compression
turning over the starter with the switch while holding the throttle wide
open
with the accellerator.
  When done re-place the plugs and the removed wires and you're ready to
go.
Harlan.