RE: Re. "Modern" Improvements for the MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Re. "Modern" Improvements for the MGB
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:16:54 -0500
> I know of a few companies that sell aftermarket fuel
> injection kit.  I've
> seen prices for anywhere as cheap as $750 to upwards of $2k
> for bolt-on
> setups.  It appears that there is very little demand for such
> a setup for
> the MGs, since they are readily available for older VWs and
> Porsches.

        (putting on my VW hat)You are correct, sir - there are several
companies producing fuel injection kits for air-cooled VW's. A couple of
them even make throttle bodies that are bolt-ons to Weber DCOE/IDA
manifolds. Gene Berg's kit, in particular, comes with a
fully-programmable control unit. Suppose one were to take one of Moss'
DCOE manifolds, and strap one these kits to it. Hmmmmm.

Dan Pockrus
'74 CBB
'61 VW Panel Bus (that could benefit greatly from FI)