Re: Throw-out bearing

To: RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Re: Throw-out bearing
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 09:42:18 -0500
Hi R.,

  This is all news to me!  What residual hydraulic pressure?  When the
clutch is engaged there's no force applied to the throwout arm unless
something isn't working right.  Moreover, if the roller bearing has the
same external dimensions as the graphite bearing (really half a bushing
arrangement), there should be no problem.  If your bearing was always in
contact with the pressure plate I'd expect it to fail a lot sooner than
in 5 years time.

 When I replaced the clutch components in the '70 B I owned a decade
back, I went with the roller throwout bearing but I also used the
matching pressure plate/disk in the heavy duty kit.  I suppose this
could make a difference.  Anyhoo, it was all still OK when I sold the
car 5 yrs later.

  Anyone else have experience in this business?

  CR