More Cylinder Head Questions

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More Cylinder Head Questions
From: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 20:24:23 -0400
O.K., based on the advise of the list, I opted to not try re-torquing my
head, and replaced the head gasket.  I checked for flatness with a straight
edge, and the head is not warped.

Now everything is back together.  I know that the head needs to be
re-torqued.  My question is:  When is the best time to do this?  Is
re-torquing at 500 miles sufficient?  Should it be done sooner?  I have even
heard from one source that I should re-torque after bringing the motor up to
temperature for the first time, and then again after some mileage
accumulates.  Please advise!

Regards,

Chris Delling