Re: Shock Supplier

To: John Moonan <jmoonan@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Shock Supplier
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 04:17:12 -0500 (CDT)
You wrote:

>Looking for advice on getting replacement shocks for my 77 MGB.
>
>What are the recommended sources for rebuilt or new front and rear
>shocks for the B?  What price should I expect to pay?
>
>Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
>--
>
>THANX,  John Moonan

You can get new shocks for about $150 each, at Proper MG in MA, USA
(I'm sure there are many other sources). I had changed the front
shocks, on my 75 B, three times, in 20,000 miles, using rebuilt shocks
before I finally went the new route. You will hear alot of "success
stories" about rebuilt shocks on this list but most come from the 1,200
miles a year drivers. If you listen to the 5,000 + annual milagers you
will buy new. I believe that going rate on the rebuilt are $60 w/
exchange of your old ones.

I just noticed that Moss has Rear shocks (new) for $103.25 each. I also
see that it said for 62-74 / I did not think that the rear shocks are
different on Rubber Bumper cars. Victoria British shows one # for
62-80.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch