RE: New MGB Cylinder Head - Sources

To: "Joseph Cianciotti" <jmc987@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: New MGB Cylinder Head - Sources
From: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:35:34 -0400
Been away a day or so, so if this is late pleas forgive.  I cannot believe
any reputable mechanic would advocate replacement of a head over
reconditioning with new seats to correct this problem (assuming it's not
cracked).  A re-build of your head with new exhaust valves, hardened seats,
with a quick milling of the head mating surface should cost no more than
$250, including parts.  A new head will be at least twice that.

Regards,

Chris