Re: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 10:36:49 -0700
Word on the street is that Ajhsys@aol.com said:
> I have read a good report on the different fluids on the Vintage Triumph
> Register tech page.  If I understood it all, they recommend silicone for a
> restoration or show car (my words) because of its long life a water
> resistance.  But, it is slightly compressible so it might not be good for a
> daily driver or autocrosser.  DOT 4 would apparently be better for those
> applications.

If you're going to be rebuilding/flushing the system anyway, you might
as well switch over to DOT5 (synthetic), and not just for show cars --
the low moisture absorbsion mean a stiffer pedal and less frequent
changes, and it doesn't eat paint which is quite nice when you have an
expensive paint job.  As far as racing, I'm not sure what specifications
the high-temp fluids come in...

Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)