Re: modified DGV WEber open both barrels

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, wizardz <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Subject: Re: modified DGV WEber open both barrels
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@hubserv.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:26:31 -0400
wizardz wrote:
> Has anyone ever modified the linkages to open
> both venturi's in tandem so you have a closer
> volumetric breathing rate as the dual SU's??

Paul:

I'm running for Bachelor of the Year, and as such, I am forbidden from
cleaning my apartment.  As a result, I am unable to find my Haynes Weber
Techbook.

There is, however, a Weber that has synchronized linkage on both
shafts.  In theory, it would possibly be able to attach the synchronized
linkage, which consists of toothes sectors, to your DGV.  Your DGV only
has an accelorator pump that shoots down the primary, where the
'synchronized Weber', if I remember correctly, shoots down both barrels.

Of course, and I'm sure someone can prove this wrong, your SU does have
2 X 1.5" barrels, but it also has the suction piston which creates a
depression in the carb.  You're comparing apples to oranges.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
pokrefke@hubserv.com
1970 MGB (came with SU's, replaced by a DGV, now back with SU's)
--

'Set out runnin' but I take my time.
 A friend of the devil is a friend of mine,