Re: VB vs. Moss

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: VB vs. Moss
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 18:57:44 -0700
Bud Krueger wrote:

> Opinions wanted, please:VB vs Moss
>
> Bud Krueger
> 52TD
> 77MGB

I have personally decided to deal with a local wholesaler, that deals
with Moss. Just because they stock most of what I need and I can impulse
buy on thursday, and the parts will arrive at my workplace on Friday, so
I have things to work on during the weekend. However, when I do deal
directly, I usually choose Moss, the reason is simple. Once while
installing a clutch master cylinder, I had a question of whether a
Sprite had any adjustment that could be made to the slave cylinder to
extend its throw. I called VB, who told me that, sorry but we don't have
any technicians to answer the phone, and that he just worked there and
had never owned nor worked on any British cars. However when I called
Moss, the young man told me the he was not familiar with the Sprite
clutch the much, he did say that his MGB he had a few years ago had
clutch problems when he bought it, and he had a devil of a time getting
it sorted out. He said if I wasn't able to find help in my area, he
would have someone call me back during the week, and try to assist me.

Neither of them had the answer I needed, but I would rather buy from
someone with LBC grease under their nails than a non LBC owner.

Thats my opinion, for what its worth,
 Mark Snowdon, 69 Sprite,73/79 Midgets