Time spent with the B today

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Time spent with the B today
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 15:48:56 -0400
In lieu of the Doylestown show (of which I was probably going to join the
masses and not attend) I spent some quality time with the B today.

It's coming along slowly. The paint job that I paid an ungodly amount of
money for will probably have to be redone, at least in two spots. I could
claim "warranty" work and make them do it over, but I don't want them going
near the car again. I'm probably going to bring the car to Dougs MG Shop in
NJ and have them repaint several areas. At least the paint is new enough to
not be difficult to match.

My Minilites came in yesterday. I'm suprised at how light they are. They
seem to be well constructed though, and the car will look 1000% better with
those on than my old, worn out Rostyles. I'm probably going to put the
wheels on this week.

Shameless plug for George Merryweather - IMHO this guy is the BEST guy to
get parts from! =) So far every new part I have gotten has come from him.

The wiring still needs to be sorted out. It looks like a rats nest under
the hood. I'm probably going to patch enough of the wiring harness back
together and concentrate on getting the major parts of the car done. If I
can get some service out of the wiring without having to replace it all
immediately, then I'll be happy. For the most part, all of the DPO
modifications have been made under the bonnet, and not in the cockpit.

The engine rebuild will also most likely commence in late
November-December. I'm thinking of going the route of a crossflow head.
Comments? I'm probably also going to put the Peco exhaust on (I dig those
red headers!!) and paint the engine black.

While that is being done, I'll be planning the interior. I have a new dash
that has to go in that I am totally afraid of doing myself. I'm thinking of
making the interior "my" solo project - probably will pick up the VB
"Commerative" interior kit - the black leather and red piping.

Stereo will have to wait until the end, but I'm thinking of using the one
out of my Mercury - a Panasonic in-dash CD player. A set of Infiniti Kappa
5.25" for the doors, and a set of Pioneer 6x9s in the back, with two amps
mounted in the trunk.

I'm hoping all of this to be done by March, just in time for the new season
to start up. So far in the year that I have owned the car, I've put all of
170 miles on it! =)

BEN RUSET - bruset@home.com
crossroads: lanes & legends of south jersey
http://members.home.net/bruset

the mgb haven: http://members.home.net/mgbhaven
"Yesterday was yesterday. Today forgets. Tomorrow there
 may be nothing, no one left to remember, as the world
 picks up speed towards a dubious future."

 Henry Charleton Beck, 1937