Re: Starting work on New Toy...

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Starting work on New Toy...
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:42:51 -0700 (PDT) (20:42 UT)
>  First, I'm going to be putting a 4 post lift in my garage (it has a
 15' ceiling) after having the doors high-lifted.  Are there any comments
 on the various lifts available?
 I'm leaning towards a Bend-Pak 7000,  but also have info on AutoLifters
<and Backyard Buddy.

 I'd be curious to know your findings, as it is my dream to put one
or two of these so that I can fit five cars into my three-car garage.

 When I got Milou, she hadn't been run in 19 years.  I rebuilt/cleaned out the
fuel system, hydraulic systems (Brake & clutch), replaced all the rubber
wherever practical.  I replaced the rubber boots on all the electrical
connectors with black heat-shrink.  I drained and refilled oil in the engine,
transmission, and differential. I pulled the plugs from the engine and
put a couple of long squirts of 3-in-1 oil into the cylinders and left
it in there overnight, then cranked the engine without the plugs until
the oil pressure came up.  Put in the plugs and she started right up!
The clutch plate was frozen, though.  She was up on stands, so I revved
up the engine with the clutch pushed in and slammed the brakes a few times,
and it broke free.  And she's been running ever since!

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*