Re: Jacking and Rust

To: arm@bc.sympatico.ca, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jacking and Rust
From: RobMGB@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 07:09:36 EDT
In a message dated 10/22/98 2:14:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
arm@bc.sympatico.ca writes:

<< I've had at least one B of one variety or another for twenty-five years
and,
 except for serious maintenance work where a HD hydraulic floor jack was
 used, I've always used the original jack with never a problem.  I humbly
 suggest that if your jack point ripped off after new sills and floors were
 installed it wasn't the design that failed but the installation. >>
been using my original jack since 93 on 74B with no problems. Works well
especially if you need to lift whole side of car for rotating tires instead of
front or rear end.
robmgb
74B