Intro

Subject: Intro
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:59:31 +1000
Hi there,

Thought I'd better do an intro before I start asking questions. <G>

Well my name is Neil Cotty and I'm from Sydney Australia. I currently own
two MG's. A Nurburg White 1959 MGA (owned since '89) 1600 Mk1, Australian
Assembled with 107,000mls and a 1970 MGB GT in Jag Racing Green (non orig.
obviously <G>) with 69,000mls which we purchased in the USA in 1986. Since
then that car has travelled to NZ and now to Australia. It had all sorts of
interesting things to us Aussies/Kiwi's such as Split Rear Bumpers, Padded
Dashboard etc etc. Over the years all that has gone (unfortunately) and the
car has been converted to RHD. It now looks more like a 1969 MkII since the
car had a full body restoration. I've kept the original US instruments which
were smaller and nicer than the ones used over here and also part of the
padded dashboard - the instrument binnacle. I'll never win a concourse with
the car as there are too many glaring things wrong with it ie Dash, two
steering column holes <G> etc etc. But from the outside it looks like a 69
BGT which makes me happy I guess.

I just spent the entire weekend servicing the car which has been going to
mechanics for it's service for the last 10 years or so. Apart from me
rebuilding both the front and rear ends that is. I quite frankly couldn't
believe the difference a proper service makes. A lot of mechanics these days
don't take the time to adjust spark plug gaps, points gaps, tappets and the
like. Simple stuff but now I have, what feels like a new car after the
weekend and I'm wrapped. :) Says a lot for doing it yourself, I highly
recommend it!

I'm also wanting to compete in my local club events here in Sydney. I'm
grabbing as much reading material as I can get before I start planning to
build my 'race' car. I drive the A frequently but not the GT (too hot in
summer, but toasty in the winter :).

Well you can all look forward to my stupid questions over the next few
months. <G>

Oh yes and I wish I'd read the permatex discussion before I went and put it
on my thermostat gasket last week. <VBG> Oh well!!

Cheers,
Neil.