1978 MGB in Arlo's neighborhood details...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1978 MGB in Arlo's neighborhood details...
From: Garage65@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 23:11:14 EST
Greetings...

That was fun reliving the Alices Restaurant Masacree with you MG'ers!

The Church 1/2 mile down the railroad tracks from Formel's junkyard is where
Alice and Ray lived, where the Thanksgiving celebration was and where the
garbage had accumulated.  I'd suggest that the garbage was dumped at Formel's,
thus starting the yard prior to Mark, but that would be historically
incorrect.  The church is now home to the Guthrie Foundation, owned by Arlo +
company.  Has a resident Guru or some such thing.  Arlo has bought a building
in downtown Pittsfield to open a restaurant/nightclub and also to house a
recording studio.  Some things don't change...

Alice's Restaurant was in the town of Stockbridge where Officer Obie was from
and subsequently tracked down the future Group W Bench sitter, Arlo, for
littering.

Yes, Arlo's hair is all white/gray.

ANYWAY...

Formel Motors is on Van Duesenville Road in Housatonic (just a .... etc.)
Would like to get rid of the whole car...
Email Mark's wife with your needs at:
sarahf@bcn.net

If you remember, the car in question...

1978 MGB in Western Mass junkyard:
With a "fresh" engine and down-draft carb, SOLEX <-----
Car pretty bad, depending on your point of view...

I can email a photo (8x10 color glossy), if you wish.  Send my your email
address...