Killing the fuel-pump woodpecker

To: MG List <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Killing the fuel-pump woodpecker
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 17:54:04 +0000
Facet

That's it... I can take it no longer!  That damn woodpecker has finally
tried my patience once too often and I must seek a solution to it.

Has anyone any comments (good, bad or indifferent) on the after-market
FACET fuelpump in my '68 B?  I finally had a comment from an independent
source that I should look no further than simply replacing the FACET
with almost any other pump to get rid of the woodpecker that seems to
resonate through every fibre of my little car (and at times, me).

It is not so much of a problem when I have the top down, but some
unseasonal cold weather last night had me drive for the first time in
ages with the top up and that tapping just about drove me mad.

Any comments?

Eric
'68 MGB MkII