SUV's & Crash Worthyness

To: "MGs digest" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SUV's & Crash Worthyness
From: "n" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 00:09:48 -0500
Just back on the MGs Digest & caught this thread.  Can I tell y'all about my
first winter here in Connecticut with an MGB?  Only drove around SEVEN (7)
4WD's that winter.  My 1980 B had Pirelli 4-Season tires & no limited slip
diff.  Guess those truckers don't understand that truck tires don't stick in
slush for beans - can't stop & can't turn.

Let this be a warning to all you MG Digesters - with snow season here or on
its way, assume those trucks (Pickups, Sport Utility Trucks, etc.) are just
out of control in the snow with their low traction tires.  Stay out of their
way as they slide for ditches or flip over curbs with their high centers of
gravity.

Me, I'll stick to my MGB with its upgraded heater, factory hardtop, good
tires and low center of gravity.  Wonder how many 4wd's I'll have to go
around this year?

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB daily driver