Re: Gauge Problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gauge Problem
From: Steve Shoyer <steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 23:49:35 -0500
I basically agree; check the rubber fuel lines in the trunk going to and
from the vapor separation tank (in trunk).  There are ways to test the fuel
tank sending unit electrically (it's a potentiometer, working with the
voltage regulator), but if you need to replace it, you don't have to remove
the fuel tank.  Drive the car until it has very little gas, then jack up
the right side of the car (haven't tried it, but that's what I've been told).

--Steve

At 06:24 PM 12/3/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Word on the street is that john.griffen@savannah.chatham.k12.ga.us said:
>>      I just purchased my first MGB  (1980).   <snip>    Also the gas gauge
>> does'nt seem to be working right either. <snip>
>> Also I sometimes smell a gas leak...is this related?   Thanks in advance
>
><snip>
>If that doesn't fix it you probably need a new sending unit which
>will involve removing the gas tank.

<snip>