Pics of my motor

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pics of my motor
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:00:20 +1000
Hi all,

Here's those pics of my motor that I mentioned. Perhaps some of you can take
a look and comment, I know it's not easy to tell from pictures. I used a
macro lens to get these shots, so the score marks probably look worse in the
pics than in real life. However you can see they certainly aren't too smooth
to the eye. To the touch it doesn't feel that bad, just the rod feels bad -
to me.

Latest pics are dated 8th December.

http://www.tradesrv.com.au/mgstuff/b/

There appears to be some little scores on the inside of the pump housing
http://www.tradesrv.com.au/mgstuff/b/pump_housing.jpg and on the rotor
http://www.tradesrv.com.au/mgstuff/b/pump_rotor.jpg, is this throwaway or
normal-ish? The rod surfaces look the worst off to me
http://www.tradesrv.com.au/mgstuff/b/rod_top.jpg and
http://www.tradesrv.com.au/mgstuff/b/rod_bottom.jpg, with not too much
damage visible on the journal
http://www.tradesrv.com.au/mgstuff/b/journal_top.jpg and
http://www.tradesrv.com.au/mgstuff/b/journal_bottom.jpg. Boy it's difficult
take a shot down a piston! <G> Ohhh and take a look at the amount of metal
in the sump! http://www.tradesrv.com.au/mgstuff/b/sump.jpg Especially the
dark goop in the bottom lhd corner. That is all bearing material (that big
round thing top left is the seal I removed).

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia