Meat, wine and other foods

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Meat, wine and other foods
From: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:07:14 +1000
    Living in the Yarra Valley, as i do I couldn't leave this thread alone.
I have a couple of friends in the bussiness locally as such they get to try
a lot of the competition (Hay its a tax deduction, as research). Every now
and then I get to join one of these tastings, as such have tasted a fair
amount of forign wine,  IMHO I have found that the Aussie white wine seems
a little crisper, than the imports, i also prefer the medium price aussie
reds,  but as a sideline,  when french wine is concerned i found that the
stuff they export isn't as good as their home consumption.  As for the
cheap stiff, the previously mentioned Chillian Cabs are hard to beat.  As
for the Californian wines, all I can say is come over here and try ours.

Snip

Finally, isn't wine best in or near the place it was made?

If you mean the Winery I have got to agree with you there.

Neil